Delegate Mark Cole is currently assigned to three standing House Committees. They are:
- Privileges and Elections – Delegate Cole serves as the ranking Republican on the committee and is the former Chairman. This committee deals with campaign and election laws and constitutional issues.
- General Laws – which deals with a large variety of legislation including business and labor.
- Education – which deals with educational issues, including K-12 and higher education. Delegate Cole is the ranking Republican on this committee.
In addition to his House Committee assignments, Delegate Cole also serves on the Rappahannock River Basin Commission and Small Business Commission.
Other boards and commissions that he has served on in the past include:
- The House Finance Committee
- The House Science and Technology Committee
- The House Counties, Cities, and Towns Committee
- Veterans Services Board
- Virginia’s Commission on Youth
- Southern Regional Education Board
- Aerospace Advisory Council
- 1st Congressional District BRAC Task Force
- Quantico Civilian-Military Council
- Chairman of the Joint Subcommittee on Local Incentives for Economic Development
- Joint Subcommittee on Conflicts of Interests and Disclosure
- Joint Subcommittee on Taxation of Telecommunications
- Multi-state Tax Streamlining Committee
- Spotsylvania County Board of Supervisors
- Fredericksburg Metropolitan Planning Organization
- The High Growth Coalition of Counties