A major winter storm is moving across parts of our Commonwealth today. The Virginia Department of Transportation, Dominion, and other utilities have placed equipment on standby and are ready to respond to snow-covered roads and power outages.
Whenever we have severe storms it is usually best to stay home and avoid traveling if possible. If you do have an emergency, of course you can call 911.
I wanted to share several links that could be useful in the event the weather.
Contact information for reporting outages is below.
Dominion: (866) 366-4357, and their outage map can be found HERE.
Rappahannock Electric Cooperative: (800) 552-3904, and their outage information can be found HERE
NOVEC: (703) 335-0500, and their outage information can be found HERE
VDOT Road Information
- Link to Traffic Information: https://www.511virginia.org/
- Link to VDOT Snow Plowing: http://vdotplows.org/
- Link to FEMA winter weather page: https://www.ready.gov/winter-weather
- Link to VDH winter weather page: https://www.vaemergency.gov/winter-weather
- Other emergency information links:
- General emergency planning tips: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/news/public-relations-contacts/severe-weather-preparedness/hurricane-safety/
- Building an Emergency Kit: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/content/uploads/sites/8/2016/03/DisasterChecklist.pdf
- Power outage tips: https://www.ready.gov/power-outages
- Make a family emergency communication plan.