Effective conservative leadership for Virginia!
Mark Cole has spent his public life fighting for the needs of Virginia's families and taxpayers. Too many politicians are advocates for government bureaucracy. Mark is an advocate for you!
Since taking office in 2002, more than 80 bills that Mark sponsored and 200 that he co-sponsored have passed and become law. Additionally Mark has led the fight to STOP tax increases and OPPOSE wasteful government spending.
BALANCING THE STATE BUDGET:
- Opposed wasteful spending
- Supported legislation to control the growth in government spending
- Opposed attempts to raid transportation funds
- Opposed tax increases and abusive driver fees
FOUGHT FOR TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS:
- Expanded the authority of localities to collect road impact fees from developers to include all localities in the 88th District
- Secured funding for improvements to Garrisonville Road, Route 3, Route 17, the Opal Interchange, and the Falmoth Intersection among others
- Passed legislation to permit localities to bond their transportation dollars in order to jump-start needed transportation projects
- Supported land use and growth reforms to reduce sprawl and congestion
- Supported reforms to streamline government bureaucracy and improve efficiency
"When Northern Virginia tried to raid Stafford's transportation funds, Mark Cole stopped them dead in their tracks!"
Mark Osborn, Former Stafford County Supervisor
CRACKED DOWN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:
- Opposed efforts in the US Senate to grant amnesty to illegal aliens
- Passed legislation denying state and local benefits to illegals
- Sponsored legislation to make it against state law to be in Virginia illegally
- Co-sponsored legislation to allow state and local law authorities to enforce immigration law
- Successfully co-sponsored legislation increasing penalties for residential overcrowding
"If the Federal government is not going to do its job to secure our borders and stem the tide of illegal immigration, I want to make Virginia an unattractive destination for them!"
Delegate Mark Cole
SUPPORTING OUR MILITARY AND VETERANS:
- Sponsored legislation strengthening employment rights for National Guard and Reserve members called to active duty
- Successfully sponsored legislation protecting military dependent voting rights
- Co-sponsored legislation granting in-state tuition to military members
- Supported construction of a new veterans� care center
- Worked with Senator John Warner and Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis to defend area military bases
"Mark Cole is a common-sense leader who has faithfully represented working families. I have worked with him on issues affecting our veterans and military bases in Virginia and can tell you he is a dedicated public servant who has gone the extra mile to make sure your voices are heard."
Former US Senator John Warner
- Led the fight to get additional state funds to increase teacher pay for our schools
- Supported efforts to ensure that the state fully funded its share of the education budget
- Worked to streamline bureaucracy to get more resources to the classroom
- Opposed unfunded mandates and wasteful spending
- Strengthen laws against sexual predators, child pornographers, and gangs
- Opposed Dominion Power's plans to run transmission lines on huge towers near homes and schools through North Stafford and Southern Fauquier
- Co-sponsored legislation to require internet filters for public library computers
- Increased penalties for drunk driving
- Defended traditional family values
"In the House of Delegates, Mark Cole has been a strong defender of the traditional family values that have made America great. Mark knows what matters and will fight for it. He has been a good friend of Virginia's families in Richmond."
The Late US Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis
SUPPORTING LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
- Led the fight to get additional funds to increase pay for state troopers and deputies
- Supported critical funding for fire and rescue
"Public safety and emergency services are Mark Cole�s top priorities. He helped ensure that funding was available for pay raises for deputies and state troopers. He has been a strong voice for us in Richmond."
Sheriff Charlie Jett, Stafford County
DEFENDING CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS:
- Successfully sponsored legislation to protect the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms
- Defended the Right to Life
- Sponsored a resolution defending the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
If you have questions please feel free to email Mark at Delegate@MarkLCole.com.