Re-elect Mark Cole!
A GLIMPSE OF THE FUTURE
This year’s General Assembly session in Richmond was very different than those in the past. In last year’s elections, Republican’s lost 15 seats in the House of Delegates, just barely holding on to a razor thin majority. This coupled with Ralph Northam taking the Governorship, allowed Democrats to take advantage of their new-found power and push through Medicaid expansion along with a new tax on hospitals.
While we were not able to stop expansion, we were successful in stopping most of their agenda. This session offers a “Glimpse of the Future” should Democrats be successful in taking control of the General Assembly next year.
The bills introduced this year by Democrats are a real indicator of what we can expect from them. From repealing Virginia’s Voter ID law, to raising taxes, increasing job-killing regulations on businesses, and using tax dollars for abortion and gender reassignment surgeries, their agenda is extreme.
Just this year Democrats introduced $700 million dollars in tax hikes, on services like Netflix, Pandora, and Hulu while a separate proposal would have taxed Uber and Lyft. During my service, House Republicans have defeated more than $5 Billion in tax increases. If not for that, Virginia would be the highest taxed state in the Mid-Atlantic and one of the highest in the nation!
Should Democrats pick up just one more seat in the House, they will be able to begin implementing their extreme agenda.
What that will mean for us is higher taxes, fewer jobs, and less prosperity.
I hope that you will stand with me in opposing this agenda. Your support of $25, $50, or even $100 or more will help me fight this liberal agenda!
If you can help, please visit this web site to send a check or make an online donation: CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION
Whatever you can contribute will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I would like to share with you some of the things I have been able to accomplish on your behalf. Since taking office more than 100 bills that I sponsored and 300 that I co-sponsored have passed and become law. Additionally I have led the fight to STOP tax increases and OPPOSE wasteful government spending. Here are some highlights:
BALANCING THE STATE BUDGET:
- Opposed unfunded mandates and wasteful spending
- Supported legislation to control the growth in government spending
- Opposed attampts to raid transportation funds
- Opposed tax increases
FOUGHT FOR TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS:
- Supported increased transportation funding
- Secured funding for improvements to I-95, Garrisonville Road, Route 3, Route 17, the Opal Interchange, and the Falmouth Intersection among others
- Expanded the authority of localities to collect road impact fees from developers
- Passed legislation to permit localities to bond their transportation dollars in order to jump-start needed transportation projects
- Supported land use and growth reforms to reduce sprawl and congestion
- Supported reforms to streamline government bureaucracy and improve efficiency
- Stopped efforts by Northern Virginia to raid Stafford?s transportation funds
CRACKED DOWN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:
- Opposed efforts to grant amnesty to illegal aliens
- Passed legislation denying state and local benefits to illegals
- Opposed giving in state tuition to illegal aliens
SUPPORTING OUR MILITARY AND VETERANS:
- Sponsored legislation strengthening employment rights for the National Guard and Reserve members called to active duty
- Successfully sponsored legislation protecting military dependent voting rights
- Co-sponsored legislation granting in-state tuition to military members
- Supported construction of a new veterans care center
- Worked with Congressman Rob Wittman to defend area military bases
- Led the fight to get additional state funds to increase teacher pay for our schools
- Supported efforts to ensure the state fully funded its share of education budget
- Worked to streamline bureaucracy to get more resources to the classroom
- Strengthen laws against sexual predators, child pornographers, and gangs
- Increased reporting requirements for sexual predators
- Co-sponsored legislation to require internet filters for public library computers
- Increased penalties for drunk driving
SUPPORTING LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
- Led the fight to get additional funds to increase pay for state troopers and deputies
- Supported critical funding for fire and rescue
If you have questions about these or other issues please let me know. Feel free to share this information with others. Again, I hope I can count on your vote on Election Day!