Re-elect Mark Cole! Vote November 7th!
MAJOR ADVOCACY GROUPS ENDORSE MARK COLE FOR REELECTION TO THE 88TH DISTRICT
FREDERICKSBURG, VA - Several major advocacy groups announced their endorsement for Delegate Mark Cole in his campaign for reelection. These groups, The National Federation of Independent Business Virginia PAC (NFIB/Virginia PAC), the National Rifle Association-Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF), and the Virginia Farm Bureau Federation AgPAC (VFBF AgPAC)
recently announced their support of Mark Cole.
“Delegate Cole clearly understands the challenges facing Virginia’s job creators,” said Nicole Riley, state director of NFIB Virginia. “Our members believe Mark Cole will take a fiscally responsible approach to managing state government and support legislation that helps our small businesses grow and create jobs.”
NFIB is Virginia’s leading small-business association. The endorsement was made by NFIB Virginia PAC, which is comprised exclusively of NFIB members. NFIB Virginia’s agenda in the 2018 legislative session will include tax reform, easing the regulatory burden on small businesses, and bringing health insurance costs under control.
Another business group, the Virginia Chamber of Commerce
, previously recognized Cole’s strong support of business and economic growth by giving him the Distinguished Advocate for Virginia Business Award and an “A” legislative grade.
Mark Cole is among 94 candidates that Virginia VFBF AgPAC has endorsed for House seats. Endorsements were made based on the recommendations of local committees of farmers.
“Each of these candidates has demonstrated a clear understanding of the needs and challenges farmers are facing and/or have proven their support through their favorable voting records while holding positions in the General Assembly. We believe these candidates will help agriculture and forestry maintain its vitality as the number one industry in Virginia,” said Wayne F. Pryor, chairman of VFBF AgPAC and VFBF president. “We look forward to working with them in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly.”
The non-partisan VFBF AgPAC was created by Farm Bureau in 1999 and employs in-kind contributions to support candidates who can best support agriculture and Farm Bureau issues.
The NRA-PVF endorsement is based on Cole’s longstanding support for the Second Amendment and his “A” rating during the 2017 General Assembly. The NRA-PFV is the political arm of the NRA. The NRA trains over 1,000,000 gun owners per year in safe firearm usage and is at the forefront of defending the Second Amendment.
"It is an honor to receive the backing of these organizations,” Cole said. “I’m working hard for the people of the 88th District and Virginia. Our district is home to countless small business owners, sportsmen, hunters, and farmers. I look forward to working with them in the future to make sure Virginia stays a great place to live, work and raise a family.”
In addition to these organizations, the American Conservative Union Foundation
gave Mark Cole the Conservative Excellence Award for his consistent support of conservative principles, and the Family Foundation Action
gave him a 100% rating for his strong defense of Virginia’s families.
VOTE ON NOVEMBER 7th!
Thank you for allowing me to serve as your representative in the Virginia House of Delegates! I am up for re-election this year and hope I can count on your vote!
I have done my best to represent your interests in Richmond and work hard on the issues that are important to you, including transportation, the economy, and education. I will continue to stand for the sound, conservative principles that have made Virginia a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
I need your help to win!
If you would like a bumper sticker or yard sign, please email or call me. If you can volunteer to make phone calls, donor knock, or host a meet and greet in your neighborhood, please let us know. It costs a lot of money to campaign and get our message out. If you can help with a financial contribution, CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION
Again, thank you for all your help and support.
I would like to share with you some of the things I have been able to accomplish on your behalf. Since taking office more than 100 bills that I sponsored and 300 that I co-sponsored have passed and become law. Additionally I have led the fight to STOP tax increases and OPPOSE wasteful government spending. Here are some highlights:
BALANCING THE STATE BUDGET:
- Opposed unfunded mandates and wasteful spending
- Supported legislation to control the growth in government spending
- Opposed attampts to raid transportation funds
- Opposed tax increases
FOUGHT FOR TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS:
- Supported increased transportation funding
- Secured funding for improvements to I-95, Garrisonville Road, Route 3, Route 17, the Opal Interchange, and the Falmouth Intersection among others
- Expanded the authority of localities to collect road impact fees from developers
- Passed legislation to permit localities to bond their transportation dollars in order to jump-start needed transportation projects
- Supported land use and growth reforms to reduce sprawl and congestion
- Supported reforms to streamline government bureaucracy and improve efficiency
- Stopped efforts by Northern Virginia to raid Stafford?s transportation funds
CRACKED DOWN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:
- Opposed efforts to grant amnesty to illegal aliens
- Passed legislation denying state and local benefits to illegals
- Opposed giving in state tuition to illegal aliens
SUPPORTING OUR MILITARY AND VETERANS:
- Sponsored legislation strengthening employment rights for the National Guard and Reserve members called to active duty
- Successfully sponsored legislation protecting military dependent voting rights
- Co-sponsored legislation granting in-state tuition to military members
- Supported construction of a new veterans care center
- Worked with Congressman Rob Wittman to defend area military bases
- Led the fight to get additional state funds to increase teacher pay for our schools
- Supported efforts to ensure the state fully funded its share of education budget
- Worked to streamline bureaucracy to get more resources to the classroom
- Strengthen laws against sexual predators, child pornographers, and gangs
- Increased reporting requirements for sexual predators
- Co-sponsored legislation to require internet filters for public library computers
- Increased penalties for drunk driving
SUPPORTING LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
- Led the fight to get additional funds to increase pay for state troopers and deputies
- Supported critical funding for fire and rescue
If you have questions about these or other issues please let me know. Feel free to share this information with others. Again, I hope I can count on your vote on Election Day!