Re-elect Mark Cole!
We won a big victory last night! I want to thank you for all your support and prayers. I am blessed with many good friends throughout the district. I cannot thank you enough!
I also want to thank you for allowing me to serve as your representative in the Virginia House of Delegates!
I have done my best to represent your interests in Richmond and work hard on the issues that are important to you, including transportation, the economy, illegal immigration, and education. I will continue to stand for the sound, conservative principles that have made Virginia a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
Again, thank you for all your help and support.
I would like to share with you some of the things I have been able to accomplish on your behalf. Since taking office in 2002, more than 80 bills that I sponsored and 200 that I co-sponsored have passed and become law. Additionally I have led the fight to STOP tax increases and OPPOSE wasteful government spending. Here are some highlights:
BALANCING THE STATE BUDGET:
- Opposed unfunded mandates and wasteful spending
- Supported legislation to control the growth in government spending
- Opposed attampts to raid transportation funds
- Opposed tax increases and abusive driver fees
FOUGHT FOR TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS:
- Secured funding for improvements to Garrisonville Road, Route 3, Route 17, the Opal Interchange, and the Falmouth Intersection among others
- Expanded the authority of localities to collect road impact fees from developers to include all localities in the 88th District
- Passed legislation to permit localities to bond their transportation dollars in order to jump-start needed transportation projects
- Supported land use and growth reforms to reduce sprawl and congestion
- Supported reforms to streamline government bureaucracy and improve efficiency
- Stopped efforts by Northern Virginia to raid Stafford?s transportation funds
CRACKED DOWN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:
- Opposed efforts in the US Senate to grant amnesty to illegal aliens
- Passed legislation denying state and local benefits to illegals
- Successfully co-sponsored legislation increasing penalties for residential overcrowding
SUPPORTING OUR MILITARY AND VETERANS:
- Sponsored legislation strengthening employment rights for the National Guard and Reserve members called to active duty
- Successfully sponsored legislation protecting military dependent voting rights
- Co-sponsored legislation granting in-state tuition to military members
- Supported construction of a new veterans? care center
- Worked with Senator John Warner and Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis to defend area military bases
- Led the fight to get additional state funds to increase teacher pay for our schools
- Supported efforts to ensure the state fully funded its share of education budget
- Worked to streamline bureaucracy to get more resources to the classroom
- Strengthen laws against sexual predators, child pornographers, and gangs
- Increased reporting requirements for sexual predators
- Co-sponsored legislation to require internet filters for public library computers
- Increased penalties for drunk driving
SUPPORTING LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
- Led the fight to get additional funds to increase pay for state troopers and deputies
- Supported critical funding for fire and rescue
If you have questions about these or other issues please let me know. Feel free to share this information with others. Again, I hope I can count on your vote on Election Day!